
So today has been a better day. It started out rough....I didn't sleep well last night, (to much on my mind) and had no idea that Elle was going to the college until she knocked on my door at 8:15, and said she was leaving at 8:30. Oh man, I jumped in the shower, poured the milk into my mug with the wheatbix inside, and headed out the door. (by 8:30 I must add!) The college is being inspected in 3 weeks, so we needed to get the library in tip-top shape. Many students had checked out books for their papers, so between labeling the new ones, and putting back the checked in ones, I kept busy. My attitude wasn't the best, because I was so tired, and just frustrated and sad by the way things are going. Ella talked to me, (love her) more tears flowed, and I knew I needed to change my attitude. I was really excited to go disciple the gals today, and I knew it would be an encouragement.
And it was....I just love the three of them so much. It's so fun watching them grow in Christ. They ask great questions, and it's just a blessing to be able to invest into their lives. Tomorrow, Susan will come and stay with me for the week. I'm excited to have a roomie, and it will be a nice change for her. She lives in a shack and has no water or electricity. I'm praying that we'll have an encouraging and fun week together. And I'm excited as well to get to know her on a more personal level. Definitely looking forward to it. It's so rewarding to disciple others...if you are not doing it, go out and find someone today. You'll be blessed!
3 comments:
Jess, I just stumbled across your blog via Facebook. How long are you planning to stay in SA?? It sounds like you're doing amazing things for God. So glad I found your blog. Blessings!! Meredith
It's a great day to praise the Lord. Thanks be to God for not leaving us where we get stuck, but loving us to His throne. It is a joy discipling because it is what we were commanded to do. Can't wait to have Susan as a neighbor as well. Love you- Ella
Meredith!! So nice to see you!! I'm in SA until April. How are you doing? How is that little guy??
Thanks Elle, love you too!
Post a Comment