Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I've got it figured out!

Well folks, I have finally figured this out! These are my new friends...Hannah is 7, Max is 6, and Bronwyn is 3...they are super adorable, and so fun! I brought down these thunderstix for them to play with, which they really enjoyed. (even though they didn't last too long!) I have had to adjust my sleeping schedule ( i'm usually up until 11 or 12) and they get up between 6 and 7, which makes it very hard to sleep in. So I have been trying to go to bed earlier!

Here are a few of my pics from the Lion and Rhino park....




Today I got to briefly visit the safe haven home. A bank graciously paid for all of them to go out to a restaurant for dinner, so I wasn't able to stay. I can't wait to get back there though. These kids were super adorable. They range in age from 18 months, to 15 years, and the stay is supposed to be 6 weeks, although some of them have been there for 2 years. My heart breaks for them. The little guy (18 mo.) apparently was going to be thrown in the river and left for dead. I don't know the whole story, but these kids are in crisis situations, and I can't wait to love on them every week. I'll be sharing more about this when I have been there a few times.













We found ourselves in a big hail storm today...it was the coolest! I had to wear my sweatshirt afterwards, because the temp dropped probably 15 degrees. The hail was a hit for the kids. Bronwyn loved eating it, and Max had fun with it as well. If you look closely, you can see the hail on the patio chairs. Max and I posed with some of the chilly stuff in our hands!
This little guy was my favorite at the lion park. I loved cuddling with him, as well as playing with him. His hair is so soft....I wish I could bring him home!
Thanks for all the comments...I love hearing from each of you. Have a wonderful week, and I'll be posting soon. Thank you too, for the prayers. They are appreciated!
Jess







































3 comments:

~Alayna~ said...

Sounds like you are having a ball! My little sister is named Bronwyn and I have never met anyone else with that name - funny to find someone in Africa! I'm jealous of your tiger-cuddling - I will be checking back often for more pictures and updates. Soak up every moment!

Christina Johnson said...

Wow... I can't believe you were cuddling with a cub. They are still really strong at that age right??? I don't think I would be so brave. Sounds like you are having a great time there! I am so happy that you have a blog! Aren't they great!

nikki said...

PICTURES! love them. you are so beautiful. How great to see pics of the fam you are staying with. and the green africa grass....ahhhhh.

I miss you already. but what a great time for you right now!