Sunday, February 10, 2008
A Dream ful-filled!
I wish I could post pics, but for some reason or another, it will not allow me to. I don't know if this is going to be a one time thing, or if it will continue throughout my time here. Hopefully not the latter! We went to church this morning...it was wonderful! James then took Max and I to the Rhino and Lion park, where we got to see a live feed. (a dead cow is brought in and the lions devour it!) I saw Rhino's, Warthogs, Cheetah's, Ostriches, antelope, and more. And....I got to hold and cuddle with white lion cubs, tiger cubs, and lion cubs....oh, this has been a dream of mine for so long! It was amazing. Because it was warm outside, (probably 80 or so) they were all asleep. So I just picked them up, and sat them on my lap. I especially loved the white lion. He was the youngest...3 months, and the cutest thing ever. I really wish I could have stayed there for hours! I got him to play with me, and it was so adorable. It is amazing to think that God created each and every one of them differently. It was truly an amazing day!! This week I start helping at the Bible College, as well as at the safe house. I am looking forwar to it! Blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
well, while you're having 80 degree days, we're having wind chills of -20!!!!!! NO FAIR!
I can just picture you holding the lions and tigers. I loved doing that.
Looking forward to hearing about your work at the bible college and safe house
Jess, that's so awesome, Maddy would have loved it. I know you must be having a blast. It's absolutely freezing here today, enjoy the warm weather. Tad and I prayed for you tonight. We love you!
Hi Jess,
We are so proud of you and what God is doing in your life! Enjoy each moment in Africa!!! It is bitter COLD here, I wish you could send some of that 80 degree weather here by email! Look forward to hearing more as the days go by.
Love you,
Aunt Julie
Hi Jess
Boy you knew when to leave "Dodge". It is really been cold. Plus tomorrow Feb. 12th we are getting more snow. I hope you are able to send pictures next time. I can just see you playing with the cubs. Well that is all for now.
Debbie
Post a Comment