I am overwhelmed with the goodness and graciousness the Lord has shown me this past week. It's been an EXCITING 7 days. Last Saturday, I got a call from Ella (ellaembree.blogspot.com) at 2:23 am. I wanted to kick her butt! scream because I had just fallen asleep. I decided not to get it, but noticed she left a voicemail. I thought something could be wrong, so I decided to listen to it. It basically said, "Do you have a job? Wanna come to Alaska?" Well, curiosity killed the cat-I couldn't go back to sleep after hearing this. I was gonna call back, but thought she was probably heading to bed. I was wide awake, trying to process what this was all about. The phone rang again at 2:58. I answered, and the short of it is that James and Ella found a dog in Chicago and they needed someone to bring it to them. (They have been wanting a great dane since leaving Africa) Not gonna lie--I did cry some when I heard this news. :) We talked, and I told Ella I would pray about it. I knew it would be amazing and awesome, but I wanted the Lord to show me that this was what I was supposed to do. I had 2 days to figure it out. I hung up, and went downstairs and turned the tv on--I knew the Australian Open Women's Final was live from 3-5. (I did set the DVR, but why wait when you are wide awake??) I should have went to my Bible, but if you know me, you know I LOVE tennis. I told some of my closest friends, and asked them to pray with me. I didn't want this to be a light decision--I wanted to weigh all the pros and cons, and seek to understand why God placed it in my lap. I spent time with Him, reading the Word, praying, and journaling. I wanted wisdom that can only come from Him. And I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to GO. This didn't happen out of the blue. I truly believe that God is working--and I'm not sure what it means. Does he want to open my eyes to something new? Is He going to open a door? Does He want me to encourage? All I know is that I want to be open to what the next 4 weeks hold--I want to be USED in every way that I can. I'm excited to see the ministries that James and Elle are involved in, and spend time together again. When I think back, I'm in awe of the way the Lord has worked to bring this family and I together. In October, He provided a job for 4 weeks so that I would have the money to travel to PA to visit Elle and the kids. Last January, they invited me to spend a week in Disney with them. He keeps bringing us together. They are family to me, and I learn so much from both James and Ella...I'm thrilled about the next 30 days together. Not too thrilled about the weather--but thrilled to spend time with my bff and her family. (Did you know that Alaska has been unseasonably cold this winter unlike the rest of the country which has been unseasonably warm?) Aigh-yigh-yigh--what am I getting myself into!
These pics are from 2008 when I went in the SUMMER!
I head to Chicago Monday, will catch the first session of Founder's week that evening at Moody Church, and fly out Tuesday to Alaska. I'll be there 4 weeks before returning to Chicago and then heading out with Women's Choir on their Spring tour. Yes, I am packing for Alaska and Florida.....talk about 2 extremes!! I'll then return back to MI around March 27th.
Please pray:
-that I will be open to what He wants to show me
-that I'll be used in every way I can, and have a servants heart
-that He will teach me something new these next several weeks
-that I'll be obedient to His every step
-for logistics. (trains, planes, housing, etc) It's not everyday that you fly with a 52 pound, 4 month old great dane!
I'm posting my itenerary-some people have wanted to know where/how to reach me. Here it is!
Feb 6-March 6
Embrees
720 W. Coville Circle
Palmer, AK 99645
Chicago-March 6-9
Spring Tour--and I have mentioned before, but getting mail on TOUR is absolutely AWESOME. If you wanna write, I would LOVE it!
| Day | Date | Time | Location |
| Sun | March 11, 2012 | 9 a.m. 10:30 a.m. | Lewis Memorial Baptist Church 5385 W Pea Ridge Rd. Huntington, WV 25705 (304) 736-7676 |
| Sun | March 11, 2012 | 6 p.m. | Bible Center Church 100 Bible Center Dr. Charleston, WV 25314 (304) 346-0431 |
| Mon | March 12, 2012 | 7 p.m. | Cross Road Baptist Church 1566 Old Cox Rd. Asheboro, NC 27204 (336) 629-6607 |
| Tue | March 13, 2012 | 7 p.m. | First Baptist Church 312 Fifth Ave West Hendersonville, NC 28739 (828) 693-3493 |
| Wed | March 14, 2012 | 6:30 p.m. | Community Bible Church 638 Parris Island Gateway Beaufort, SC 29906 (843) 525-0089 |
| Thu | March 15, 2012 | 6:30 p.m. | First Baptist Church 501 Oak St. Palatka, FL 32177 (386) 328-1531 |
| Fri | March 16, 2012 | 7 p.m. | Bradenton Christian Reformed Church 4208 26th St W Bradenton, FL 34205 (941) -6465 |
| Sun | March 18, 2012 | 9 a.m. 11 a.m. 7 p.m. | Covenant Church of Naples 6929 Trail Blvd. Naples, FL 34108 (239) 597-3464 |
| Mon | March 19, 2012 | 7 p.m. | Starkey Road Baptist Church 8800 Starkey Rd. Seminole, FL 33777 (727) 397-1654 |
| Tue | March 20, 2012 | 7 p.m. | Houston Lakes Presbyterian Church 101 O’Brien Dr. Kathleen, GA 31047 (478) 987-7503 |
| Wed | March 21, 2012 | 6:30 p.m. | First Baptist Church 95 W Morse St. Forsyth, GA 31209 (478) 994-5240 |
| Fri | March 23, 2012 | 7:30 p.m. | North Oldham Baptist Church 12001 W Highway 42 Goshen, KY 40026 (502) 228-4325 |
Thank you Lord, for providing these amazing opportunities. I am humbled and thankful beyond words.
3 comments:
Love you, and LOVE that you're getting this opportunity! Be sure to keep us up to date - I want to hear about everything you do and learn!!!!
Yippeee Skippy! I can't wait to see you!!!!
Awesome- can't wait to hear what God has in store. Sometimes he even uses Great Danes;) I've sort of always wanted to live in Alaska so I might be jealous if his plans involve moving you there...just sayin';)
Post a Comment