Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Love these guys!

I was in Chicago for a couple weeks the beginning of May, and I got to hang with some of my favorite people....the Davis family! :) I posted some pics, but finally have my computer hooked into the internet and can write so much easier. I first met Steph in Women's Choir the fall of 2005. (wow, can you believe it's been 5 years Steph?) She was the social chair on exec, and her job was to make sure everyone had fun and laughed...there was never a dull moment. She did her job well as the bone giver, and provided us with lots of entertainment. And I loved that we could be roommates on tour for a week. (Remember creepy guy doing our laundry? Eww!) She speaks her mind, is strong-willed, and I LOVE that about her. I was able to go to their wedding, and be there when she had her first baby. Because we lived in the same apartment, I spent almost every night with them. Steph cooked me amazing meals, and really showed love to me that year. I was privileged to really know Maddy and watch her grow up. She is the craziest little one I know!! But I love her for her energy, spunk, and charisma. Although I missed the first 4 months of Judah's little life, I caught up the 2 weeks I was there. He is such a cute, adorable, and good baby! What a joy!



Maddy and I going on a date to the library.
We made a stop at Molly's cupcakes...a first time for us all. After Cara brought us some, we were hooked! Here are some of the delicious flavors...I think my favorite was blueberry cheesecake, but the chocolate with raspberry filling came in a close second. Yummah!



These are the cute swing seats they have mounted to the ground. Momes really loved sitting here by herself. :) Why not add more sprinkles?
Tad graciously watched the kids so Steph and I could go out together. We decided to hit Diversey Bowl and knock some pins down. Well, I started off great with this.

And then in the first frame of the second game, I bowled a 1. So this is the text message my mom sent me. (Are you serious? I was crackin' up!)

Needless to say, Steph got me on the second game, but I came back on the third, not scoring anything near a 167. ;)
I enjoyed watching the kiddos so Tad and Steph could go out...and this is what Momes and I did while Judah slept. We had a tea party! (along with Maggie the doll) It was SO fun!

Steph knows how much I LOVE sports, and when I spent time over there, Tad and I would always talk about what was going on in the sports world. Well, he was able to get CUBS tickets from the hotel, and Steph told me I could go! How super sweet-so Tad and I headed to Wrigley in the freezing cold to attend the game. It was so fun, despite freezin our butts off! (and they won, which helps!)

I also got to attend the awards night for Momes in Awana. She loved sharing her verses with me, and it was great to see her get her certificate and sing her cubbies song.
Maddy also enjoyed catching up with my blog and the happenings of Africa. She was one of my smallest prayer warriors!
Meeting this little amazing cutie was a blessing as well. I loved holdin' and lovin' on Ju-Ju. He is a sweetheart, and melts your heart with his smiles. :)


When I was in Africa, I found these adorable Aprons for both Steph and Momes, because they love cooking. How cool are those?

Steph-we've shared highs and lows, ups and downs, laughter and tears. I love you so much, and look forward to sharing many more years together. Thanks for all you've done for me.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Jess, love you too girl. I beat you on my post being up first!! Ha ha. Glad I can talk to you more now that you are in the states. We had a blast while you were here. Miss you. Can't wait to see you in Ohio!!