I was also able to visit with Don and Megs, the wonderful children I nannied for a few years ago for 3 summers. I've neved played Nintendo Wii before, and they accustomed me to it right away. I loved the system, and especially loved playing Guitar Hero. They have grown so much, and will soon be passing me in height! aigh-yigh-yigh!!
Well, I am back in Chicago now, and continually missing Africa. I grew to love the people and country, especially the Embree family. They became the only family that I had, and I couldn't have asked for anyone better, although they are a bit crazy! :) I think about them all the time, and am thankful we are able to talk to each other, well-chat at least, weekly. Please continue to pray for them as they have various ministries they are invloved in, and as they get ready to come home on furlough in July, for details to come into place. (housing, transport, churches to share in, etc.) I'm looking forward to a scrapbook retreat with Ella in July....we both love it so much, and this will be a fun time for us to reconnect and do what we love to do!!
And finally, my favorite meal that Ella cooked, and can I just say that Ella always had a meal on the table for dinner, and the food was amazing! I really miss sitting at the table each and every night, sharing a meal together. I don't know how she did it with everything else going on....home-schooling the kids, taking them to swimming, gymnastics, recorder practice, ballet, and being full-time mom....amazing is all I have to say! Sesame chicken was ranked as one of my favorites, and so I made it for my parents when I was home last week. Needless to say, Ella's was WAY better, but it had to suffice, and actually tasted pretty good! (for those of you who know me, I don't really like to cook....but after living with Ella, I have a greater appreciation for it, and actually enjoy making meals now!)
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment