Friday, March 7, 2008

Long overdue pics....Sorry!

These are images from the hike ...what a great spider!
Ella and I


We climbed down and back up. It was amazing and lots of fun!
The car doesn't look too bad, but the damage is around $3,000.00
I made James birthday cake, and attempted my mom's frosting, although the ingredients here are different. Needless to say, I managed, and it came out ok. When I was younger, and my mom made cakes, she would frost my hands with smiley faces, so I did that to Hannah and Bronwyn. They enjoyed it!



Scenes from the adventure hike! Jame ran a half-marathon the day before, so Ella did the hike, and Max and Hannah did the bush-baby. They hiked, and got to hold a snake and baby crocodile, all while learning about different animals and exploring.
Proudly displaying their medals!
Ryne, Bronwyn and I
Pretoria Zoo...I loved the baby flamingos!
Coke and the spikey sticks giraffe's eat off of. This dance troupe was great!
Embree family photo!

Wayside Sunday School....The kids made these bracelets and necklaces, and loved them. The following week, they made paper hearts. And they love coloring!!

Ella and her friends...they are so precious!
The kids at the safe-haven
LeAndra did my hair....isn't it beautiful?

5 comments:

Andrea said...

great pics! You know you have to take me back there with you sometime, right??? :)
So who's the cute guy in the pic? Ryne??? Uh...HELLO??? ;)

Debbie Bruno said...

Hi Jess
Those spiders looked rather interesting. It looks so beautiful there. The cake you made was nice also. Can't wait to see you when you get back home.

God Bless
Debbie

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures, Jess! Hope to see you when you get home...
Donna

Scott & Aurelie said...

Wow, Jess, so many great pictures! It is so much fun looking at your blog and thinking about all the great experiences you are having! We are so happy for you!
Love,
Aurelie

nikki said...

I miss you!!!!

can't wait to see you this weekend (hopefully) and hear all about the trip.

get ready for the jet lag. I slept for a day straight when I got back.