Thursday, April 19, 2012

7 states with 40 gals=AMAZING!

Hello blog world again! Finally have a chance to sit down and write. (on my friends computer) My computer chord is dead, and truth be told, I haven't really cared to get a new one--just not yet at least. So you'll be getting a few posts, and then it will end for a bit again until I get my hands on one.

So much has happened since I last wrote-not even sure where to really start. After Alaska, I had the amazing opportunity to go with the Women's Choir from Moody for 2 weeks. The day before we left, I ended up in urgent care with horrific back pain. I'm not sure if it was a result of falling on the ice the day I left Alaska, or from jerking up when I awoke Wed. morning after I thought the couch was falling on me. (big time vertigo!) Long story short, they told me it was sprained and gave me muscle relaxers and tylenol with codeine, along with a heating pad and ice pack. The following morning, I boarded a charter bus with 41 others, and we made our way down to West Virginia, and then through the Carolinas, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and  Kentucky before returning to Moody. What a blessed and encouraging time for me, even being knocked out cold the first 4 days non-stop because of the meds. I was thankful for the prayers of the gals each night, and grateful that my back was better about 5 days in. My job on tour? Sound. The gals would ask me all the time if I got sick of hearing the same thing every night. My answer? NEVER. I gained something new every single night--and the words of their music ministered to me daily. The 2 weeks were incredible-out of the 10 tours I have gone on now,  none have been as refreshing as this one. I don't know if it was because of where we were geographically or what, but we were blessed with amazing host homes, and a lot of wonderful down-time. The gals sang each evening, aside from our Saturday off, and twice on Sundays. And there were stories: from a man who had just received cochlear implants and was hearing his first concert, to the women whose husband died in front of her in a fiery airplane crash--peoples hearts were touched. I love how the Lord does that through music. We enjoyed beaches, parks, gardens, sunsets, the Ocean, historical sights, shopping, and lets not forget Starbucks! (an almost daily stop thanks to Dr. Lynerd!)



While on tour, I also got to visit with my parents, who were on vacation in FL. I also got to visit with some friends that I have not seen in a long time--we laughed for hours, and enjoyed catching up on each others lives.





When I found out where tour was going, I immediately contacted the Thompson's. Mr. T was the conductor of Women's Choir my first year I was in choir. Along with Mrs. T, they were so special to so many of us! I have enjoyed keeping up with them, and I got word that they were in fact coming to our concert and he would be conducting Eternal Life. (insert here the AAGGHH!) Eternal Life is a song that has been sung since the founding of WCC 57 years ago. It is our final song, and each night, we invite former choir members who are at our concert to join us for it as we spread into the aisles. It's a special moment for everyone, and having Mr. T conduct it again brought back so many memories and tears to my eyes. I'm so glad my friend Meg, who happened to be in the area because they are raising support for Ukraine, was able to join in on it too. It was an evening I will never forget.

I was sad to see the 2 weeks come to an end. The encouragement and love these gals showed me is something I cannot convey through words. I love, love, LOVE them all dearly and am so thankful for their friendships.



No comments: