Saturday, October 16, 2010

I.don't.know.

So I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now about getting back to Africa. I firmly believe God wants me there....it's just the getting there that I'm freaked out about. And I shouldn't be....God has ALWAYS provided the support for me to serve Him. But this is new territory. I've never had to raise monthly support...it's been one-time gifts. I've never had to go beyond my church. I've never had to have outgoing expenses. I've never.....

I don't know. Those 3 words are the words that everyone is getting from me when they ask anything about Africa. I don't know what this is gonna look like. I don't know everything that I'll be doing. I don't know how I'm going to raise my support in 2 months. I don't know, but He does. And that is what I have to cling to, even when I don't know if I fully believe it. Doubt enters in....I feel a bit like Peter walkin' on that water getting out of the comfort and security of that boat. I gotta trust. I just have to. And if God wants me there in January, then He is gonna make it happen. And if not? Well, let's just pray about that together.....ok?! :


Sara, her husband, and 2 (and one on the way) kids serve in Italy. We have had our missions conference at my home church this week, and it's been an incredible blessing to hear from and meet with our missionaries. What an encouragement they have been to me.

1 comment:

Mary said...

God will bring together an amazing team of supporters to be a part of your ministry at just the right time!!! While I was reading your blog, Mya came to the computer and saw your picture and talked to you like you were here. :) "Thank you, Jess, for my sweeties and my shirt." So cute!
I love you and am praying for you!!