Wednesday, October 22, 2008

There is just something about a good friend....

This is Dominique, and I consider her my bff. There are so may reasons why. We have been friends since I was 15, and I can't get enough of her. Unfortunetly, our lives have taken us to different places in recent years, so we are not able to get together nearly as much as we would like to. But when we are able to, it is like time never passed. And this happened last weekend. I love that I can talk to her about anything, and that we can share our life with each other, and what issues we are facing and going through. She supports me, and I support her. She loves me, and I love her. She encourages me, and I encourage her. When she hurts, I hurt. And when I hurt, she hurts. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. I am so thankful to have her in my life. If you don't have a friend like Dominique, I would pray that you would be able to find someone just like her. We all need these types of friends in our lives!



3 comments:

nikki said...

I feel exactly the same!!!

It was just what I needed, to see you this weekend. And I keep thinking: "Oh, I wanted to tell her about this..." or "I wanted to talk to her about this"

LOVE YOU!

btw,
all my pictures from that weekend were deleted! I'm so mad. so, maybe when I finally send you your grad. pics you could send me these...

Jess said...

what in the world? How did that happen? Uuggh....super frustrating.

I know...there were more things I thought about after seeing you as well....like, "what does the blanket look like?" :)

Love you too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, this is such a sweet post...and I love all your posts! Except they make me a little jealous b/c of all the places you are always going! My life seems so mundane compared to yours! But I sure do love my job of raising these 2 sweet girls. I hope some day your travels will bring you all the way down to Houston again so you can see how big Ellie is and meet Anna! I really love keeping up with you through your blog.