Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Wagner's visit!

Over thanksgiving weekend, my first roommate from Moody and her husband were in town, so of course I had to see them. Especially because they have a new baby. Susanna was a great roommate. We both entered Moody later on in life, and both had desires and passions to serve the Lord overseas. I loved having Susanna as a roommate. She came home with me one weekend, and we went to the zoo. I don't think she liked it quite as well as I did....possibly because it was cold, and I wanted to take tons of pictures. haha! At Moody, she started to develop a relationship with a boy, and I always would tell her that they were going to get married, and she would always tell me to "stop it." Well, she left Moody the next year, so we were only roommates for a short time. But that short time developed into a relationship that I still have with her today. And she ended up marrying the boy. Mike is a great guy. He graduated from Moody, and went on to Grad school at Wheaton College, so I would go out to Wheaton and stay with them in their small, but cute apartment. And cookies were always made when I was there. I love Susanna's chocolate chip cookies, which to this day when I try and make never come out as good as hers. Earlier this year, she conveyed her joy that she was expecting. Little Max arrived in October, and I am so thankful I got to meet him. He is a little chunk that I loved having in my arms. It was hard to say goodbye, because they live in Minnesota, and I want to see Max everyday. Hopefully, I'll be able to see them before I head out to Africa. They are currently raising support for the Phillipines, and hope to leave in March as well. Thanks Mike and Susanna for letting me love on your litte man. Moose is the cutest ever, and I miss him dearly! :)

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Jess-whta fun pics, I read about yoru visits to Chicago and it made me homesick :) Thanx for yoru post- I did remove your comment b/c you included a word we do not use on my blog since it is open to eth public, just wanted to let you know, also thanx for the encouraging words!! when are you heading back here? March?

T and T Livesay said...

March is around the corner! Watching you as you go ... prayers.