Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sights from my 2nd home....CHICAGO!

My time in Chicago was amazing! I didn't realize just how much I missed it until I went back. I was able to visit many friends, and meet with 5 of my professors from Moody. It was so good to be back and catch up with everyone. I was really looking forward to seeing Steph, Tad, and Madelynn. Steph was telling me that she is saying so many words, and boy, was she right! Seeing Momers talk, dance, sing, and say "Hi Jess" everytime I entered the room melted my heart. I miss watching her grow up more than ever! We took her trick-or-treating at Moody Church for their harvest party. She was so tired, but was excited to eat her chocolate "nummies" once we got home. She was Simba, and her roar was phenomenal! :)


Steph, Anna, (Tad's sis) and I put our foil on for our free Chipotle burritos later on in the evening. I LOVE Chipotle, and whenever you can get it for free, you must take advantage of it. We are dressed as burritos...can you tell? hehe (actually, if you have foil on any part of your body, that counts!)


One of the biggest highlights was connecting with the Embrees again. I had made reservations at the American Girl Cafe' for Ella, the girls, and I and we loved it. They moved their store into Watertower Place, and it is so spacious and nice. The girls loved eating with their dolls and shopping for their one item they were allowed to purchase. I bought them new dresses for the day, and they looked so stinkin' cute in them. It was adorable! We then went out to Elmhurst and I saw James and Max. I can't wait to get back to Africa to serve our Mighty God with them!! Only a few more months....hard to believe!




I also got to speak to the Women's Choir and hear them sing for chapel. They have 25 new girls this year, so it's a young group. However, Ms. Hong is doing a wonderful job, and they sound so beautiful. I wish I was closer so I could hear them sing more! :(


I also got to visit my old roomie, Jess and her husband RC. It was wonderful to see them again. (btw, thanks for all the candy corn)


Before I left and said goodbye to the Davis', I took some family pictures for them. We bribed Maddy with chocolate "nummies" if she smiled. Although she was ready to be done a short time after we started, she did a great job and they turned out swell.

If you opened up your home to me, took me out for a meal, or made time to catch up with me, I thank you. I really appreciate you all! I enjoyed this trip so much, (even though it was too short) and look forward to coming back early next year before I head back to Africa.

No comments: